Thursday, February 17, 2011

Immigrant Heritage

     My family really don't know any specific story about how my ancestors arrived to Puerto Rico. My father told me; my great grandfather came from France to Vieques there he married with my great grandmother from the Dominican Republic. In Vieques they had kids and then moved to the big island Puerto Rico where they owned a sugar cane plantation and worked there. They all lived in the same house close to the plantation. My grandfather worked extra hard so, he could afford going to college on those times. Today he is an engineer and is still working, just because he can not stand being at home all day doing nothing. According to a web search the last name Adams means "son of Adam" who is the first men created by god.(Hebrew Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment